The pupil premium/free school meals grant is additional funding provided to schools to support pupils whose families are on a lower income to ensure they benefit from the same opportunities as all other children, reach their full potential and to close the gap in attainment that exists between disadvantaged pupils and their peers.
Do you qualify?
Your child will be eligible for Free School Meals if you receive any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit with an annual gross income into the household that is no more than £16,190 provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit. If you are entitled to any part of Working Tax Credit, there is no eligibility with the exception of working tax run-on as shown below.
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
- Universal Credit
Your child will be eligible for Pupil Premium if your child falls into one of the following categories:
- Currently eligible for free school meals (FSM) or have been in receipt of FSM at any point in the last 6 years
- Have been looked after by Social Care continuously for more than 6 months and
- Parents/carers employed in the armed forces
How do you apply for FSM?
If you think you may be eligible for this funding. Please download and complete the form below and hand it into the school office. If you do not have access to a computer, the school office can provide a paper copy for you and answer any questions you may have.